I'm fed up with Wall Street's militarism and wars paid for through austerity measures.
fed up with this two party trap we are caught in; we need to break
A program for real change...
* A National Public Health Care System - twelve million new jobs.
* A National Public Child Care System - three to five million new jobs.
* Works Progress Administration - three million new jobs.
* Civilian Conservation Corps - two million new jobs.
* Tax the hell out of the rich and cut the military budget by ending the wars to pay for it all which will create full employment.
* Enforce Affirmative Action; end discrimination.
* Raise the minimum wage to a real living wage
* What tax-payers subsidize in the way of businesses, tax-payers should own and reap the profits from.
* Moratorium on home foreclosures and evictions.
* Defend democracy by defending workers' rights including the right to collective bargaining for improving the lives and livelihoods of working people.
* Roll-back and freeze the price of food, electricity, gas and heating fuels; not wages, benefits or pensions.
Let's talk about the politics and economics of livelihood for a real change.
I'm fed up--- there is always enough money to fight another war but never enough money for human needs.
Check out this opinion piece and share it with friends: