I'm fed up with Wall Street's militarism and wars paid for through austerity measures.
fed up with this two party trap we are caught in; we need to break
A program for real change...
* A National Public Health Care System - twelve million new jobs.
* A National Public Child Care System - three to five million new jobs.
* Works Progress Administration - three million new jobs.
* Civilian Conservation Corps - two million new jobs.
* Tax the hell out of the rich and cut the military budget by ending the wars to pay for it all which will create full employment.
* Enforce Affirmative Action; end discrimination.
* Raise the minimum wage to a real living wage based on the actual cost-of-living.
* What tax-payers subsidize in the way of businesses, tax-payers should own and reap the profits from.
* Moratorium on home foreclosures and evictions.
* Cancel all student loan debt.
* Increase Social Security to a real living income.
* Make all public transportation “fare free.”
* Defend democracy by defending workers' rights including the right to collective bargaining for improving the lives and livelihoods of working people. Repeal and rescind “At-Will Employment.”
* Roll-back and freeze the price of food, electricity, gas and heating fuels; not wages, benefits or pensions.
Let's talk about the politics and economics of livelihood for a real change.
I'm fed up--- there is always enough money to fight another war but never enough money for human needs.
advocate for an alternative agenda and budget as we challenge Wall Street for power... we need a “People’s Lobby.”
Check out this opinion piece and share it with friends: